Upcycled Multicolored Woven Tote Bag - Finalist at 2019 The Independent Handbag Designer Awards
- Brighten up your wardrobe and make the word shine with the Lucia striped woven tote bag.
- It can be worn as a beach bag and arm handbag.
- It gives a second life to the discarded fabric from the clothing industry.
- Made from colorful recycled fabrics that are handwoven into beautiful sustainable fashion bags; decommissioned seatbelt decorative strap and reclaimed wood handles, decorated with recycled thread.
- Fitted with an inner pocket formed from recycled plastic bottle fabric.
- Finished with the embroidered From Belo (our vendor) mantra ‘Feed Goodness into The World’, because that’s exactly what they do.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Who made this Bag? Wartley hand weaves the excess fabric from the fashion industry to create the main fabric of the bag. Nene (aka Elaine) works alongside our vendor's team to decorate the handle and stitch the fabrics that make the bag and handle together. Name after the manager of our vendor's cooperative, Lucia. She is the glue that keeps the team together. Lucia started as an apprentice and worked her way up to being a manager. Lucia's family were supported by our vendor's partner charity Casa de Maria when she was younger. Since then she has become the main bread winner of the family and has given them so many opportunities, she is a true boss woman.
Every Lucia bag sold donates 4 meals to people in need at Casa de Maria in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Click here for more details.
COMPOSITION AND CARE
6.5 oz of fabric off-cuts, 0.3 plastic bottles, and 39 in of seatbelts. Spot clean with a damp cloth.
L: 16 in; H: 18 in.
Hoop diameter: 5 in
Detachable shoulder strap length: 21-40 in